Cat Footwear - Go Boldly

Sunday 15 October 2017


Autumn is here, and winter is coming. Boot weather is upon us, continuing until sometime in March, and I couldn't be more excited. You know what happens when you own a pair of solid boots - you hold on to them for years, they become battered, bruised, and beaten. Like a fingerprint, they are unique to you, and you alone. First, however, you have to start with a pair of boots that can withstand that test of time. It's almost like wine; you can leave a wine to age for years, but if you start with a bad bottle, it'll only become an older bad bottle. So it may be worth considering a pair of boots from CAT Footwear to act as your grapes... Did I take that simile too far?



Yes, CAT Footwear. Yes, it surprised me too. No, I didn't really know they had moved toward fashion. I knew CAT boots as the boots that are nearly indestructible, and perfect for wearing when operating heavy machinery, not as a daily wear boot option. But as with Carhartt, Levis, or even Nike - fashion forms from function in many cases. They have taken the quality they are known for and extended it into their range of shoes and boots that can be worn on a daily basis.


COS Coat | Zara Shirt | COS Trousers | CAT Boots

To emphasise this, I decided to pair the CAT Chronicle Boots with a smart casual outfit. They would, of course, work with jeans and a t-shirt, but that doesn't do justice to what CAT have accomplished here. These boots are timeless, and I will continue to wear them until the sad day that they breach the point of irreparable. They are as comfortable as they can be before breaking them in properly (because most decent boots made of leather need a couple of weeks at least), supportive, and beautiful. I have been after a pair with a wedge sole for some time, and I'm happy to finally have a pair that contest the boots already in my regular rotation.

Suffice it to say that CAT have completed the task they set for themselves. This post is for the CAT Footwear Go Boldly campaign, and although subtle in certain ways, these boots are bold, and they definitely get some looks... but the right kind of looks.


Overall, these boots have impressed me. Over time, I have become increasingly picky over what I will and wont wear, and it's become harder to impress me, but these really tick all the boxes. They have style, comfort, and a sense of quality that only comes from a brand that knows what they're doing. What is also a bonus is the fact that they surprised me; I didn't expect to love them this much.

Rob.


 (Photography by David Joseph)

*CAT Footwear 
kindly sent me the Chronicle Boots in Dogwood. This, as always, hasn't changed my opinions in any way.

No comments :

Post a Comment